Sarasota Sailing Squadron
Sarasota, Florida, USA
2017 Sarasota MC Cup
March 4th - 5th, 2017
NOTICE OF RACE
The organizing authority for this regatta is the MC Class Association and the Sarasota Sailing Squadron.
1.1 This regatta will be governed by the rules as defined in The Racing Rules of Sailing 2013-2016.
1.2 If there is a conflict between a rule in the notice of race and one in the sailing instructions, the sailing instructions shall apply.
2.1 This event is open to all MC Scow Class boats that meet MC Scow Class requirements.
2.2 A boat shall be considered entered when the above requirements are met, a complete entry form is submitted, and all entry fees are paid.
3 ENTRIES AND FEES
3.1 The entry fee for all boats is $90.
3.2 Entries include Practice race and social Friday, continental breakfast and lunch Saturday and Sunday, one regatta dinner ticket for Saturday night, coffee, beer, soft drinks and one regatta shirt.
3.2 Additional dinner tickets are available for $20 each.
3.3 Additional regatta shirts are available for $22 each.
3.4 Registration Forms will be made available online through www.regattanetwork.com
4 SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Seven races are scheduled. One completed race constitutes a regatta.
Friday March 3, 2017
- 13:00 Practice races.
- 16:00 - 17:00 Check in and Registration at the Sarasota Sailing Squadron Clubhouse.
- 17:00 Opening Social.
Saturday March 4, 2017
- 8:00 - 10:00 Check in and Registration at the Sarasota Sailing Squadron Clubhouse.
- 10:00 Competitor's briefing.
- 11:25 Warning Signal for the first race of the day.
- TBD Lunch served on the water.(weather permitting)
- 17:50 Dinner. (Check notice board)
Sunday March 5, 2017
- TBD Warning Signal for the first race of the day. (Start time posted by 18:00, Saturday, March 4)
- 13:00 Last initial warning signal if at least 5 races have been completed.
- 14:00 Last initial warning signal if at fewer than 5 races have been completed.
- Awards Ceremony following sailing activities.
- Club Grill will be open following racing for cash transactions.
6 SAILING INSTRUCTIONS
Final sailing instructions will be available at registration.
7.1 Regatta headquarters and registration will be in the club house at the Sarasota Sailing Squadron.
7.2 Races will be held in the waters of Sarasota Bay.
8 THE COURSES
Windward – Leeward courses will be used.
9 NOTICES TO COMPETITORS
Notices to competitors will be posted on the Official Regatta Notice Board located at the Sarasota Sailing Squadron Pavilion.
10 DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY
Competitors participate in the regatta entirely at their own risk. See rule 4, Decision to Race. The organizing authority will not accept any liability for material Damage or personal injury or death sustained in conjunction with, or prior to, during, or after the regatta.
14 FURTHER INFORMATION
For further information contact:
Randy Scott (Fleet Captain) firstname.lastname@example.org 708-602-1275
Sarasota Sailing Squadron
1717 Ken Thompson Parkway
Sarasota, Florida 34236
Craig Bridges, Manager
Boat trailer launch and hoist available. Shower facilities are available to competitors. Limited Camping is permitted on the Sarasota Sailing Squadron grounds. Contact the Sarasota Sailing Squadron office for rates and availability 941-388-2355.